(Filing Forms located at the bottom of this page)
Filing ended March 1, 2018 at noon. Those who completed filing are either candidates for the 2018 primary and general election, or you are a committee member.
We noticed that several of our regular and loyal committee members did not meet the filing deadline. Some of you have asked what you can do at this point. Here is your options:
1. You can attend a regular meeting (see our schedule) and ask for a form to join the committee.
2. You can print out the forms below, complete only the Republican party forms (no Secretary of state or bearer form) and bring them to the next meeting.
What happens then:
1. The committee usually waits one meeting and then votes on your application. If there is not an assigned Committee person to your place (voting area), and you are elected, you will be placed as that committee person- For example, if you are in Hickory Street and there is not a person named as committee person, then you would be "Hickory Street Committeeman or Committeewoman". If there is a committee person assigned, the you will be "Hickory Street Committeeman or Committeewoman at large".
2. The committee may, by motion, waive the waiting period for the next meeting and vote on you the same night.
3. The vote may be by secret ballot or by voice - the option belongs to the committee.
4. Once you have been voted in, you will need to pay the $30 membership fee. This covers 2018 and 2019. You may pay by check, money order, cashier check, or cash. Please make any check out to "Miller County Republican Committee" or "MCRC".
County Judge: $500
Tax Collector $500
Tax Assessor $500
County Clerk $500
Circuit Clerk $500
Justices of the Peace (JP) $250
Committee Member $30
Below is the 2018 filing forms. You may download these forms and use them during the filing period or there will be copies at the court house: